- The County Treasurer is responsible for the receipt, custody, and disbursement of county funds.
- The Treasurer is the Public Trustee, except in first and second-class counties.
- The Treasurer collects some state taxes and all property taxes – including those for other units of local government.
- The Treasurer collects and disburses school funds belonging to school districts located within the county.
- The Treasurer sends notices of and collects all property taxes for all local governments and disburses receipts for each after charging a statutory collection fee.
- The Treasurer conducts sales of property for delinquent taxes.
2022 Treasurer's Tax Lien Sale Listing
Otero County Treasurer Sharon Jones
13 W 3rd St Room 213
La Junta, CO 81050
Office Staff: Gayleen Springer & Christine Hastings