Otero County Clerk & Recorder
- By state constitution, the Clerk and Recorder is required to be the recorder of deeds that maintains all real property records.
- The Clerk and Recorder serves as the clerk to the Board of County Commissioners.
- By law, the Clerk and Recorder is responsible for carrying out certain state functions.
- The Clerk is the agent of the state Department of Revenue and, among other duties, is charged with the responsibility of administering state laws relating to motor vehicles, certification of automobile titles, and motor vehicle registration.
- The Clerk is also responsible for administering all primary, general, coordinated, and special elections held in the county, and for the registration of voters, the publication of notice of elections, the appointment of election judges, and printing and distribution of ballots.
- The Clerk and Recorder also issues marriage licenses, maintains records and books for the board of commissioners, and collects a multitude of license fees.
- ***Some of the links for this department are in the process of being updated and may not be readily available. If you're not finding what you need to print from home, please call the office for more information and assistance.*** Thank you for your patience!!
- Otero County Clerk & Recorder's office does not process any Titlework, Temporary tags, or Marriage licenses after 4:30 P.M.
- On Tuesday, June 28, 2022, our office will be CLOSED for all business except elections.
- The Otero County Clerk's Office is accepting public comment on the placement of our VSPCs (Voter Service Polling Centers).
- Please contact the Clerk's Office with comments at (719) 383-3020 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Locations are: Otero County Courthouse
13 W 3rd St., Room 210
La Junta, CO 81050
Rocky Ford City Building
203 S Main St.
Rocky Ford, CO 81067
City of Fowler Building
114 E Cranston Ave.
Fowler, CO 81030
Clerk & Recorder Office Staff
Clerk & Recorder Lyn Scott
Otero County Courthouse
13 W. 3rd Street, Room 210
La Junta CO 81050
Office: (719) 383-3020
Cell: (719) 980-2332
Fax: (719) 383-3026
First Elected: November 2018
Current Term Expires: January 2023
|Shannon Casillas||Chief Deputy and Motor Vehicle Clerk|
|Holly Huerta-Hudak||Election Clerk|
|Veronica Mata||Title Clerk|
|Crystal Minor||General Office Clerk|
|Dara Hallman||General Office Clerk|